If you are thinking an escorted cruise is anything like an escorted land tour, please think again. Escorted cruises give you the best of both worlds – independence but assistance when or if you need it.
Here are the advantages of an escorted cruise:
• For the first timer or the more timid traveler, an escort is like a security blanket.
• An escort is usually a seasoned traveler, often knows the ship and the destinations. Hence great advice and tips are just a question away.
• Quite often the escort is a travel agent so it is like taking your travel professional with you.
• An escort works in the background to smooth any wrinkles in your cruise but remains fairly unobtrusive.
• If one encounters any trouble with the cruise, with illness, with flights, excursions, and so on, the escort is there with valuable advice and can lend a helping hand.
• You can have as little contact with your escort and the rest of the “group” as you like: there is no suggestion of “herding” with escorted cruises – everyone can remain quite independent in their chosen activities.