How many times have you sat in the movie theatre or in front of your television and recognised a street, a building, or a countryside scene? “I’ve been there!” you exclaim, if even to yourself. Doesn’t it give you a lift that you know this place personally?
Well ,if this has not happened to you, why not have a Real Travel Expert change all that for you. Here are some of the places seen on screen, big and little, in the last few years and filmed in Britain or Ireland. Your travel professional can arrange a private or guided tour, or a pre/post cruise extension excursion. Don’t see the locale of your favourite show? Just ask your agent to add it on to your tour!.
Our 15 Picks (And An Extra For Good Measure)
Here they are, some of the our favourite picks from the big and small screens (in no particular order) that you can visit “across the pond”. What places would you like to add to these?
1. The Da Vinci Code – Westminster Abbey, Lincoln Cathedral & Rosslyn Chapel Pictured: Rosslyn Chapel, in the village of Roslin, Scotland(Bigstock)
2. Harry Potter – University Colleges (Hogwarts) , Alnwick Castle, Glenfinnan Viaduct and Kings Cross Station Pictured: Alnwick Castle, in the village of Alnwick, Northumberland, England(Bigstock)
3. Downton Abbey – Highclere Castle ( the Abbey) , the Dower House, & Inveraray Castle Pictured: Highclere Castle, in Hampshire, England(Bigstock)
4. Doc Marten – Port Isaac village, better know as Portwenn to fans of the show Pictured: Port Isaac, in Cornwall, England(Bigstock)
5. Notting Hill – The Bookstore with famous blue door Pictured: Colorful Houses of Nottinghill, London (Pixabay)
6. Midsomer Murders – Mapledurham House (also used for Inspector Morse & Miss Marple ) & Wallingford (Causton) Pictured: Wallingford, in Oxfordshire, England(Bigstock)
7. Emmerdale – Otley and Esholt, Yorkshire Hatfield House Gardens Pictured: Hatfield House Gardens (Bigstock)
8. Calendar Girls – Burnsall, Kettlewell (Knapely) Pictured: Burnsall, in North Yorkshire, England(Bigstock)
9. Shakespeare in Love – Broughton Castle, Hatfield House Pictured: Broughton Castle and Bridge (Bigstock)
10. Four Weddings and a Funeral – Betchworth Church in Surrey Pictured: A similar church framed by weeping willows in Surrey, England(Bigstock)
11. Ballykissangel – Avoca and Enniskerry in County Wicklow, Ireland Pictured: Wicklow countryside (Pixabay)
12. Monarch of the Glen – Adverikie Estate (Glenbogle House), Loch Laggan,Scotland Pictured: A true monarch of the highlands with moor and loch in background(Pixabay)
13. Shetland – Shetland Isles Pictured: a Shetland Lighthouse (Bigstock)
14. Outlander – Aberdour Castle (Ste. Anne de Beaupre), Culross & more Pictured: Aberdour Castle(Pixabay)
15. Game of Thrones – Dunluce Castle, N. Ireland Pictured: The castle ruins (Bigstock)
16. Broadchurch – West Bay in Dorset, & Clevedon in Bristol Pictured: Dorset cliffs along the Jurassic Coast(Pixabay)
Your travel professional can put you on an ocean cruise around the British Isles with a pre or post stay in Britain where you can tour all your favourite show locations. Or inquire about a custom tour. Contact your travel expert for more information.