CALLING BRIT TV & MOVIE FANS
How many times have you sat in the movie theater or in front of your television and recognized a street, a building, or a countryside scene? “I’ve been there!” you exclaim, if even to yourself. Doesn’t it give you a lift that you know this place personally?
Well ,if this has not happened to you, why not have a Real Travel Expert change all that for you. Here are some of the places seen on screen, big and little, in the last few years and filmed in Britain or Ireland. Your travel professional can arrange a private or guided tour, or a pre/post cruise extension excursion. Don’t see the locale of your favorite show? Just ask.
Here they are, some of the our favorite picks from the big and small screens (in no particular order) that you can visit “across the pond”.
1. The Da Vinci Code – Westminster Abbey, Lincoln Cathedral & Rosslyn Chapel
2. Harry Potter – University Colleges (Hogwarts) , Alnwick Castle, and Kings Cross Station
3. Downton Abbey – Highclere Castle ( the Abbey) , the Dower House, & Inveraray Castle
4. Doc Marten – Port Isaac village (Portwenn) in Cornwall
5. Notting Hill – The Bookstore with famous blue door, London
6. Midsomer Murders – Mapledurham House (also used for Inspector Morse & Miss Marple ) & Wallingford (Causton)
7. Emmerdale – Otley and Esholt, Yorkshire Hatfield House Gardens
8. Calendar Girls – Burnsall, Kettlewell (Knapely)
9. Shakespeare in Love – Broughton Castle, Hatfield House
10. Four Weddings and a Funeral – Betchworth Church in Surrey
11. Ballykissangel – Avoca and Enniskerry in County Wicklow, Ireland
12. Monarch of the Glen – Adverikie Estate ( Glenbogle House), Loch Laggan,Scotland
13. Shetland – Shetland Isles
14. Outlander – Aberdour Castle (Ste. Anne de Beaupre), Culross & more
15. Game of Thrones – Dunluce Castle, N. Ireland
What places can you add to these?
Dunluce Castle (Bigstock)
Rosslyn Chapel (Bigstock)
Alnwick Castle (Bigstock)
Hatfield House (Bigstock)
Port Issaac (Bigstock)
Your travel professional can put you on an ocean cruise around the British Isles with a pre or post stay in England where you can tour all your dream locations. Contact them for more information.
Feature photo courtesy of Bigstock.